So I woke up this morning and started going through my routine while my kids got ready for school and while reading my email saw that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Aiming for Simplicity. I think it is pretty cool because it means more than anything that someone is actually reading my blog so yay me!! So let’s go ahead and dive into the process that comes with the award.
First I must answer some questions:
1. If you could be any animal, what would you be? I would be a cat. They have always appealed to me even though I am highly allergic, hmm I wonder if I would be allergic to myself
2. Invite three people to dinner, living or dead – who are they? I wound choose my grandmother, great grandmother, and great great aunt because I have a great love and respect for my grandmother and she lost her mom when she was young and I know that she would love to see her again. Also, my great great aunt was one of my grandmothers favorite people so I would love to meet her too.
3. What’s the best Christmas gift you could get? Memories, this last year we had our storage unit broken into and since we have been staying with my in laws all of our belongs were in this unit. We lost everything, pictures, my wedding dress, baby keepsakes, everything I had saved over mine and my kids lifetime was gone. If I could get just the special stuff back I would forget the rest.
4. What is your favorite blog entry you’ve written – please, post a link for us to read. I am still to new to this blogging gig to have a favorite. I have really enjoyed doing the NaBloPoMo this year and am thinking about keeping up the daily post idea, but not really sure about a favorite yet.
5. Who is your greatest inspiration? My grandparents. They grew up during the depression which caused them both to very careful with money. My grandfather busted his but as an Ironworkers for decades and when we was ready to retire they were much more than comfortable. Also, my grandfather served in the Korean War and received 2 Silver Stars. He refuses to talk about it only saying that he did his job. I believe that my grandmother is the backbone of our family and I’d like to think that I got a lot of my strength from her.
6. Most embarrassing moment (that you are willing to share) This is difficult because there are so many. I had many more as a child since as an adult I try to avoid any situation that would put me in an awkward position. Warning this is a little sad. For me it would have to be my 13th birthday. I belonged to a youth organization and had thought everyone was good friends so I invited them all to a slumber party I was having for my birthday and none of them showed up. Not a single person. I was heartbroken and the embarrassing part was I had to go to the meeting with these girls knowing that I mattered that little to them.
7. Name one thing that you wish you had done in your life thus far. Finish school. I didn’t have a lot of support with the idea of college when I was a kid so when I graduated high school I just went into the work force. I have struggled to get my degree through the years and I have my associates but I really want that bachelors degree. I will have it eventually but hopefully it is before both my kids have theirs.
8. What’s your favorite food? Carb. I am a huge fan of pasta, breads, cakes, anything with flour in it and I will probably love it.
9. Cheesecake or Cake? Cake. I have had some really delicious cheesecakes but regular cake will win out almost every time.
10. Favorite Olympic sport? Summer – gymnastics Winter – figure skating
11. If you could ask your great grandparents one thing, what would it be? For the names and information of all the family they could remember. I desperately want to trace my family line and any information is like gold to me.
Now Some interesting tidbits about myself. I think you will find that they are not every interesting but this is what came to mind when writing.
1. I am an avid addicted reader. I usually have no less than 3 books I am in the middle for and will steal a minute anywhere to read at least a page.
2. I love to be scared but it isn’t easy to scare me.
3. I am married but do not believe in the sanctity of marriage. If I had it my way we would have just lived together forever. This doesn’t mean I don’t believe in monogamy, I just hate the idea that some cultures still believe the woman belong to their husbands and that the husbands are the rulers of the roost. I have to stop myself here because this could go on and on.
4. I have 2 kids and they are 7 years apart. This wasn’t planned I lost several before we found out I wasn’t making enough progesterone. After we figured this out we conceived on the first try with the help of hormones and we had our son.
5. I am a rare breed of natural super light blonde and blue eyes.
6. My eyes change shades depending on my mood. They can range from a crystal ice blue when I am happy to nearly black when I am angry.
7. I love to flirt and to be flirted with. My husband loves when I am flirted with because it boosts my self-confidence and he usually reaps the rewards.
8. My husband was my first real boyfriend. I had some experience but nothing serious enough to say we were in a relationship.
9. I absolutely love the water. The beach is my favorite place to be in the world and since we only live about 30 minutes away I go down there a lot just to relax and clear my head.
10. I named my daughter after a city in Africa, in my geography class sophomore year of high school. She was born about 9 years later.
11. We let family vote for my sons name and discovered after he was born that we had in fact named him after a great great great uncle.
Now for some other bloggers who I think should carry on this tradition. I know that I am supposed to use blogs who are new and have under a certain amount of followers but I decided to link to people whose blogs were new to me.
4. Nora’s Blog
6. Greg Urbano
8. Shail’s Nest
And now for their questions.
1. What is your favorite holiday?
2. If you could go back in time and change one event in your life what would it be?
3. Who is a real life hero to you?
4. Who is your favorite super hero?
5. Why blogging?
6. Worst job you have ever had?
7. What is your most romantic memory?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
9. If you could live in any time period in history which would it be?
10. What was a recent impulse buy that you just had to have?
11. What is something you still hope to accomplish in your lifetime?
Ok well I think that wraps it up again thank you to Meg over at Aiming for Simplicity for nominating me and I hope I achieved all you hoped for and more.